Monday 28 February 2011

The Obligatory Introductory Post:

(Sure to be full of self important waffling and butchery of the English language)

So, this blog has been created to document my headfirst dive into the prettiest of subcultures… and also to inform the cool kids reading this of my Gothy discoveries. <3 You lovely real Goths can take this as a n00b’s first attempt at embracing your oh-so-spooky culture and laugh as much as you want, I’m sure I shall fail quite spectacularly. J
For the past year or so I’ve been calling myself a Goth without actually knowing what the hell I was talking about. A real babybat, I was; but please dear reader, note the past tense. I refuse to be a part of the watered down second generation anymore!
I have recently thrown out about three fourths of my wardrobe (the sh*tty 3/4ths), so I’m building up my new collection to be my own idea of perfection: full of gothic Lolita coordinates, stompy boots, and eclectic jewelry. I genuinely can’t wait to get buying! (If only I weren’t so darn poor)
I find that my music taste is ever evolving; last month I convinced myself that Genesis P. Orridge was the second coming of good ol’ JC, and last week I developed a girlcrush on Amanda F*cking Palmer <3<3<3<3. However, this isn’t at all helpful when it comes to choosing a subset of Gothyness in which to insinuate myself… and I don’t think I can pull of an industrial/Lolita mashup just yet, lol. So I am sure to have many a dilemma concerning fasion in the near future. Hopefully it'll entertain the more sadistic of you!
Anyhew… I’ll begin posting sometime Wednesday, probably just a picspam of my past self – in all my gemo glory.
\Love/

2 comments:

  1. Amanda FUCKING Palmer = LOVE.

    Also, I'm a Lolita/Industrial mash up! :D

    ReplyDelete